BMW Cooling System Inspection - $79.95
Offer Ends: December 31, 2017
Keeping your engine cool is mandatory to keep your engine functioning and performing to the best of its ability. Every cooling system pushes heat from the engine out towards the radiator.
A Cooling System Inspection will check the following:
- Coolant Hoses
The radiator hoses and heater hoses are inspected by opening the hood and looking. We make sure that the hoses have no cracking or splitting and that there is no bulging or swelling at the ends.
On newer vehicles, the water pump is often driven by the timing belt. This belt usually has a specific life expectancy at which time it must be replaced to ensure that it does not fail. Since the timing belt is inside the engine and will require partial engine disassembly to inspect, it is very important to replace the timing belt at the scheduled interval.
What to look for:
- Check antifreeze/coolant level monthly. Only use a 50/50 solution of anti-freeze/coolant and water.
- Water quality plays an important role in protecting the cooling system. A high mineral content may cause scaling or corrosion. Deionized or distilled water should be used in 50/50 solution
- CAUTION: Do not remove the radiator pressure cap when the engine is HOT.
- Inspect belts monthly. Replace belts that are worn, frayed or glazed. Adjust belts when more than 1/2 inch can be depressed between the pulleys.
- Replace bulging, rotten, or brittle hoses and tighten hose clamps. If a hose looks bad or feels too soft or too hard, it should be replaced.
To book your BMW Cooling System Inspection, visit us in-store at 1155 Leslie Street, Toronto ON or call us at (416) 444-4269.