Last Updated: February 2021
1. Your Consent
2. Personal Information
- To business partners, such as third party service providers, agents and affiliated entities in connection with the services that they perform for Parkview BMW.
- BMW Canada Inc., our related companies, including BMW Financial Services Canada.
- Law enforcement agencies for the purposes of investigating fraud or other offences.
- Legal, financial, and other professional advisors or in connection with the sale or reorganization of all or part of its business or operations
Except as provided above, our dealership will not use or disclose personal information for purposes other than those for which it was collected, except with your implied or express consent, you will be notified of, and asked to consent to, the sharing of your personal information necessary for the provision of these requested features or services.
3. Information That Parkview BMW Collects
- Information You Provide and User Options Regarding Personal Information
You may be asked to voluntarily give your personal information to Parkview BMW when you interact, orally, in writing or by electronic transmission, with Parkview BMW, including when you apply for an account or membership, subscribe to a newsletter, register to receive information, apply or register for or order a product or service offered by Parkview BMW or use a product or service provided by Parkview BMW. In those circumstances, you can choose not to provide certain requested personal information, but then you might not be able to proceed with your intended interaction or transaction with Parkview BMW or otherwise receive the full benefit of the desired product or service. Telephone calls between you and Parkview BMW will be recorded to ensure accuracy and quality assurance, and may be disclosed to third parties to verify Parkview BMW is compliant with its contractual obligations to third parties. You can choose not to have the telephone call recorded, and communicate by writing or electronic transmission.
- Automated Collection
Parkview BMW may automatically collect certain information regarding your use of Parkview BMW’s website or online service, such as the dates and times that you access the website or online service, the browsers, operating systems, software and devices that you use to access the website or online service and details of your use of the website or online service.
Parkview BMW’s websites, online services, email messages and advertisements may use technologies (e.g. cookies, web beacons, tokens, pixels or tags) to collect information that assists Parkview BMW to improve its products, services, customer communications and advertising and to prevent fraud. Parkview BMW may use information that it collects through technological means to recognize you as a user of Parkview BMW’s websites or online services, to facilitate and improve your use of Parkview BMW’s websites or online services, to confirm that messages have been delivered to and opened by you and to provide you with targeted advertisements. You may choose to decline or disable cookies if your web browser or device permits, but doing so may affect your ability to access or use certain features of a website or online service. More information about cookies used for interest-based advertising is set out in section 4(c) below.
- Credit Reports
- Information Regarding Referred Transactions
4. How Parkview BMW Uses Personal Information
- to administer your relationship with Parkview BMW, including to create and manage your account or membership with Parkview BMW and to contact and correspond with you regarding those matters;
- to facilitate your interactions and transactions with Parkview BMW, including to process your applications, requests, orders and payments;
- to provide products and services to you;
- to process and respond to your inquiries, requests and other communications;
- to provide you with information (including by email and other electronic messages) regarding Parkview BMW and its products and services and related products and services offered by other businesses, to the extent permitted by applicable law;
- to administer and facilitate your participation in contests and promotions related to Parkview BMW;
- to maintain, protect and improve Parkview BMW’s products and services and to develop new products and services;
- to protect and enforce Parkview BMW’s legal rights, interests and remedies and to protect the business, operations and customers of Parkview BMW or other persons; and
Delivery of Products and Services
Processing applications for credit in respect of a lease or financing agreement.
- Registering you for and administering warranties, extended warranties and roadside assistance.
- Notifying you of service reminders, recalls and enhancements.
- Processing sales of accessories and merchandise.
- Administering billing for leasing or financing of vehicles or other products and services; and providing you with customer support services.
- Promoting our vehicles, products and services.
- Administering promotional contests.
- Responding to requests for product and service information.
- Providing you with newsletters and other promotional news about upcoming events or special offers.
- Administering customer satisfaction surveys.
- Assessing the effectiveness of our marketing programs.
- Improving our products and services.
- Developing a better understanding of your relationship with our retailers.
Protecting Our Business and Fulfilling Our Legal Obligations
- Collecting overdue payments from you and other debt collection matters.
- Repossessing our vehicles if you are in default.
- Securing our business and websites.
- Investigating and protecting against fraud, grey-marketing or other illegal activities.
- To comply with legal and regulatory requirements, such as reporting obligations to the Financial Transactions and Reports Analysis Centre of Canada, complying with court orders, and responding to lawful police requests.
Our Anti-Spam Policy tolerates only permission-based email, subscription to emails or information requested to be provided through email or phone. We obtain your consent by asking you to choose to opt-out of our mailing list or opt-in. By checking the opt-in box when contacting us, through the forms available, you agree to be contacted by us for the purposes described in the Disclaimer. All emails sent to you will be compliant with CASL and include:
- The option to opt-in to receive communication for the purposes described in the Disclaimer
- The option to unsubscribe from receiving electronic communication from us as described here
5. How Parkview BMW Discloses Personal Information
We do not sell your personal information to third parties. We may share some or all of your personal information with third parties such as BMW Canada and related companies, the providers of products or services relating to your vehicle, credit reporting agencies, financial institutions or financing companies, your insurance agent or company and companies which provide or insure warranties relating to your vehicle. We may also disclose your personal information where we are required or permitted by law to do so. We collect personal information from you when you provide the information directly to us, such as when you contact us or when you enter your personal information on our website.
Like other companies, we share information with our affiliated companies, third-party service providers, BMW Canada, and certain business partners in order to conduct our business activities and to protect our rights.
- Specific Consents
Parkview BMW may disclose your personal information in accordance with express or implied consents that you give during your interactions and transactions with Parkview BMW.
- Referred Transactions
- Suppliers and Service Providers
- Law Enforcement/Legal Disclosures
(f) Business Transactions
- 6. Location of Personal Information
Parkview BMW and its service providers may process, store and use your personal information at facilities in various countries, including Canada, the United States of America and one or more countries in Europe or Asia. The personal information protection laws of those other countries might be different from the laws of the jurisdiction in which you reside, and might permit courts, government, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies and security authorities to access your personal information without notice. By providing your personal information to Parkview BMW, you consent to the transfer of the personal information to facilities located in other countries and the processing and storage of the personal information at those facilities.
7. Retention of Personal Information
8. Information Technology and Safeguards of Personal Information
9. Accuracy and Access to Personal Information
Parkview BMW will rely on you to ensure that your personal information that you provide to Parkview BMW is as accurate, complete and up to date as necessary for the purposes for which Parkview BMW uses the personal information. You will promptly notify Parkview BMW of any changes to your personal information using the procedures made available for that purpose by Parkview BMW or by contacting Parkview BMW customer service.
You may reasonably request access to your personal information collected by Parkview BMW and information about Parkview BMW’s use, disclosure and retention of that personal information by submitting a written request to Parkview BMW’s Chief Privacy Officer using the contact information noted below. Subject to applicable exceptions and limitations prescribed by applicable law, you will be given reasonable access to your personal information and you will be entitled to verify the accuracy and completeness of your personal information and to have the information revised as appropriate. You may be required to pay a reasonable fee for access to your personal information. Parkview BMW may decline to process a request that is unreasonably repetitive, frivolous, vexatious or impracticable, that infringes or jeopardizes the privacy of other persons, or for other reasons permitted by applicable law.
10. Non-Personal Information
11. Other Websites and Businesses
12. Other Matters
- Disclaimers, Liability Exclusions/Limitations and Disputes:
- Changes to this Policy:
- English Language:
- Contacting Parkview BMW’s Chief Privacy Officer: